Starting today, all our dual stage regulators will be supplied with Safe 12V DC - Low Power - Cool Touch Solenoid Solution!
Why did we decide to move into 12V DC direction?
Mainly; safety! We are not big fans of having 110V AC or 240V AC solenoids under the aquarium full of water.
Apart from that 12V DC solution will prevent solenoid from :
- Buzzing sound which may happen with high voltage AC solenoids.
- Heat, AC solenoids produce heat + 50C/120F
- Power consumption; in most cases, AC solenoids starts at 3W!
Main advantages of having CO2Art 12V DC solenoid :
- Solenoids are powered by external power adapter with universal input power: 100V-240V 50Hz & 60Hz will let you use solenoid around the world.
- For 100% safety solenoid is powered by low power 12V DC!
- The solenoid doesn't produce any heat due to low power consumption.
- DC power prevents solenoid from buzzing operation which may happen with AC powered solenoids.
- LED light indicating operation.
All this as STANDARD! With all of our dual stage regulators!